Where can I use a spray foam roofing system?
One of the best things about a spray foam roof is its versatility. Spray foam has an excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates including:
- BUR (tar and gravel)
- Clay and concrete tile
- EPDM/PVC membrane
Spray foam roofing systems are often used as a recover system over existing roof coverings, and can be applied to any of the above. There are far fewer places you can use an SPF roof than not. The best way to think about replacing an existing roof is by putting your needs first. SPF roofing systems excel where:
- Additional insulation is desired
- The roof substrate has many penetrations
- The roof deck is an unusual shape or configuration
- The roof is in a severe weather environment (hurricanes, hail, etc)
- Lightweight materials are required
- It is desirable to keep existing roof covering
Because of its flexibility, spray foam roofing is likely your best option for recovering an existing roof. To know for sure, give us a call for your free consultation!